Before you purchase a property, it is essential that you know exactly what you are buying. Established homes can contain countless hidden dangers, from shaky foundations to poorly done DIY renovations, which can end up costing you thousands to repair. The scariest part is that the most expensive and dangerous defects are also the ones that can go the most easily unnoticed.
You can protect yourself and your family from all of these costs and dangers with one simple decision – have the property inspected by a qualified professional.
At House Inspections Shepparton, our chief inspector is a Registered Builder as well as a qualified building inspector, so you can rest assured that your building inspection is in the most capable hands.
Our inspectors will meticulously check over every part of your property, including:
• House interior, where the floors, walls, doors, drainage pipes, kitchens, bathrooms, laundries and windows can often harbour unseen defects
• Boundary area and any outbuildings, driveways and paths within the property boundaries
• Beneath the floor, where we will examine all the building’s foundations as well as the level of ventilation and the presence of termite caps beneath your home
• Internal and external roof areas, including tiling, chimneys, guttering, flashings, framing, insulation and wiring
• Building exterior including external walls, doors, window frames and any outdoor living areas
• Electrical fittings, to ensure that they are correctly and safely installed
Once this building inspection is complete, we will send you a clear and detailed report including coloured photographs outlining exactly what we have noted about your property. Our inspectors are always happy to take your calls to clarify any further questions you have about your property.
All of our building inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.1.