When buying any property, it is essential to know exactly what the property holds and whether or not it will be right for your family. When buying at auction, it is easy to become caught up in the frenzy and rush that an auction entails and to believe you don’t have time to complete an inspection on a property before the bidding begins. However, this can lead you to over-bid on a property that has countless hidden terrors.
At House Inspections Shepparton, we understand that buying a home at auction is often a time-sensitive and incredibly daunting experience. As such, we will ensure our inspection is carried out and the report in your hand before the time comes to place your bid.
Our chief inspector is a Registered Builder as well as a qualified building inspector, so you can rest assured that your building inspection is in the most capable hands.
Our inspectors will meticulously check over every part of your property, including:
• House interior, where the floors, walls, doors, drainage pipes, kitchens, bathrooms, laundries and windows can often harbour unseen defects
• Boundary area and any outbuildings, driveways and paths within the property boundaries
• Beneath the floor, where we will examine all the building’s foundations as well as the level of ventilation and the presence of termite caps beneath your home
• Internal and external roof areas, including tiling, chimneys, guttering, flashings, framing, insulation and wiring
• Building exterior including external walls, doors, window frames and any outdoor living areas
• Electrical fittings, to ensure that they are correctly and safely installed
Once this building inspection is complete, we will send you a clear and detailed report including coloured photographs outlining exactly what we have noted about your property. Our inspectors are always happy to take your calls to clarify any further questions you have about your property.
All of our building inspections are carried out in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.1.